Thursday, August 23, 2012

Footsteps in the sand


One night I had a dream. I was walking along the beach with my best friend. Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints, one belonging to me and the other to my best friend.

When some scenes swept past me, I noticed that there was only one set of footprints. I realized that these were during the happiest, and also during the saddest times of my life. This flustered me up quite a bit and I questioned my best buddy about it the next day.

‘Hey, you promised me that you’ll stand by me through thick and thin. Then how is it that during the most eventful days of my life, there is only one set of footprints?  I just don’t understand why, when I needed you the most, is when you abandoned me’.

Pat came the reply. ‘Dude, when you see only one set of footprints, it was when I had to carry you home because you were so terribly drunk’.

Have a friend who insists on driving back home in an intoxicated state? Give him a ride instead. Don’t let him drink and drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment